Wednesday, July 27, 2016

I Did It!!

Folks, it's finally finished!

Shore Thing has finally been knit, bound off, and seamed, and guess what:  I can actually wear it in public!  


I completed my last seam stitch at 11:08 last night, and wove in and trimmed the loose ends at 11:09.   

I will say, I did have some worries about whether or not I would be able to wear it in public; my hand-sewing abilities have rather a poor reputation, and using the sewing machine was not an option, just with how thick the material is.  This tutorial from a back issue of Knitty saved my bacon.  And my project.  http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEspring04/mattress.html. 

Once I get some pictures of myself actually wearing it, I will get those up. 


Until nex time, have fun and make cool things!


Alex

No comments: